Annual Law School Scholarship
We believe in supporting the next generation of attorneys who serve the public’s interests.
The partners at SUGARMAN have created this annual scholarship to support law school students who are preparing to pursue practices in personal injury law and/or in a public service capacity.
The submission deadline for the 2024 Scholarships is March 29, 2024.
SUGARMAN offers two (2) $1,250 scholarships each year to pay for tuition and/or other education-related expenses.
How to Apply for the SUGARMAN Law School Scholarship
To apply for the scholarship:
- Fill out the application form – DOWNLOAD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Write and submit a short essay as described on the application form (350–500 words).
- Email your application form, essay, and other required materials to email@example.com.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current or admitted student at an accredited law program in the United States.
- Be in good academic standing at a law school or college.
Winners may be required to have their transcripts sent to the firm for verification.
- Submit a short essay (350–500 words) on the duty of a lawyer to bring about change for the individual and the community.
The essay will be the primary consideration in awarding scholarships. Essays should provide insight into the the applicant’s interest in public service and the practice of law, and demonstrate the ability to articulate a point clearly, concisely and compellingly.
Preference may also be given to individuals from or attending school in Greater Boston, including Suffolk, Norfolk, Middlesex and Essex counties. This includes the following law programs in Massachusetts:
Submission Deadline and Award Date
The submissions deadline for the 2024 Scholarships is March 29, 2024. Awards will be announced by June 21, 2024.
Winners will be contacted directly, and will be announced on this page and/or the SUGARMAN blog. Awards will be granted as checks from the firm made out directly to the recipients.
- All applicants agree that their entry may be published on the sugarman.com website; along with the recipient’s name and educational institution.
- Scholarships are awarded at the sole discretion of SUGARMAN & SUGARMAN, P.C.
- Employees of the firm and their family members are not eligible.
- Winners will receive a check from SUGARMAN & SUGARMAN, P.C.
- Any applicable federal, state, or local taxes are the responsibility of the recipients.
- Applicants agree to indemnify and hold harmless SUGARMAN & SUGARMAN, P.C., its members, officers, directors, and employees against any and all liability and costs associated with the contest or the acceptance or use of prizes.
In granting scholarships, the firm does not discriminate on the basis of any applicant’s race, creed, color, gender, gender expression, age or national origin.